• IF THIS PETITION GETS 1500 SIGNATURES, IT WILL TRIGGER AN IMPORTANT DEBATE AT A WOKINGHAM BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING. PLEASE SIGN IF YOU LIVE, WORK OR STUDY IN THE WOKINGHAM BOROUGH.
• Humans have caused irreversible climate change to Planet Earth; the impact of this is already being felt around the world.
• Last September we were warned by the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) that we have twelve years left to limit this damage. If we do not, our world will most likely face runaway Global Warming and full Climate Breakdown.
• Our current plans and actions are not enough. We must act now, decisively and radically, to reduce our carbon footprint.
• Individuals cannot be expected to make this reduction on their own. Society needs to change its laws, taxation and infrastructure, to make low-carbon living easier and the new norm.
• City Councils around the world are responding by declaring a Climate Emergency and committing resources to address this emergency.
• This petition urges Wokingham Borough Council to do the
Started by: Helen Palmer (Extinction Rebellion)
This ePetition ran from 15/03/2019 to 18/06/2019 and has now finished.
113 people signed this ePetition.