Venue: Council Chamber - Civic Offices, Shute End, Wokingham RG40 1BN. View directions
Contact: Callum Wernham Democratic & Electoral Services Specialist
The Executive Member for Planning and Enforcement agreed that Wokingham Borough Council:
1) Supports Bracknell Forest Council’s approach to meeting their Local Housing Need in full;
2) Requests Bracknell Forest Council acknowledge that the developable land supply proposed in the emerging Plan is capable of meeting the existing unmet housing need from Reading Borough;
3) Seeks further clarifications around the extent to which evidenced Gypsy and Traveller needs will be met in full;
4) Raises concern with, and seeks further clarifications around, a number of technical points relating to the transport modelling undertaken, including the impact of the proposed development on traffic flows and journey times on junctions within, and adjacent to Wokingham Borough.
5) Expects that Bracknell Forest will work closely with Wokingham Borough Council to ensure appropriate infrastructure is delivered to mitigate the impact of any development which would have cross boundary implications.