The Town and Borough Councillors for all Town Wards, Evendons, Emmbrook, Wescott and Norreys offer Councillor surgeries every third Saturday of each month at Wokingham Town Hall from 10am to 12 noon.
There is a rota so that each ward covers three surgeries per year and there is always a Borough and a Town Councillor present to take any concerns for all Town wards and Borough issues.
C/o Wokingham Borough Council
RG40 1 WQ
Twitter : @UKVC2
Modern.gov is not responsible for the content of any external link
Born in Sweden and obtained British Citizenship in 1982. Bachelor of Law University of Lund, Sweden. Admitted as a Barrister by the Swedish Bar Association and as a solicitor / European lawyer by the Law Society for England and Wales. Previously worked in the County Court and in legal practice in Sweden and the USA.
Formerly employed as a foreign language teacher at the Centre for Foreign Language in Belgrade, Yugoslavia and in Dallas, Texas. Qualified as a Montessori Teacher at the London Montessori Centre.
Member of the Church of England. Former special needs Governor of Emmbrook Infant School. Former Chairman of the Planning and Transportation Committee, Wokingham Town Council. Former Member of:- Corporate Services Policy Team, Audit Committee(Vice Chairman), The Neighbourhood Action Group Vice Chairman (Emmbrook and Town Centre), Former Chairman of the Wokingham and Winnersh Area Youth Committee and Former Vice Chairman of the Finance Overview and Scrutiny Panel. Chairman of the Civic Committee Wokingham Town Council, Wokingham Town Councillor Emmbrook North since May 2002. Wokingham Borough Councillor since May 2003. Married with 3 children. Husband retired from HM Diplomatic Service. Lived in Emmbrook since 1986.
Executive Member for Community Development and HR May 2010 - May 2012
During my time as Executive Member my main achievements included:
• A shared service between Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead was established for the provision of legal services as well as a shared service between Wokingham Borough Council and West Berkshire in respect of Trading Standards. By sharing costs and staff know-how, overheads were reduced and a much wider service provided e.g. Rogue Trader Patrols taking place and one-hour rapid response to complaints.
• Under age sales for alcohol and tobacco and tobacco control measures
• Introduction of a second tier advice for vulnerable consumers on civil disputes with traders including support with County Court actions introduced into Wokingham.
• Introduction of first No-Cold Calling Zone in Wokingham.
• Several briefings and talks for residents and groups on various aspects of trading standards including doorstep crime.
• Training for neighbourhood watch wardens.
• Free training sessions on shopping on-line run in libraries
• Buy with confidence Scheme Approved Trader Scheme open to all Wokingham Businesses
• Support with Confidence Care Accreditation Scheme launched.
Portfolio oversight of the following:
• Human Resources
• Community involvement
• Community Safety
• Policy and Partnership
• Trading Standards
• Building Control
• Environmental Health
• Adult learning
Mayor of Wokingham Town Council 2009 – 2011.
Mayor of Wokingham Borough Council 2013 – 2015 - During my time as Mayor:
• Carried out fundraising for the following:
2013-2014 Supporting Building for the Future; a charity for disabled children
2014-2015 Setting up a fund with More Arts, Wokingham to help children between 14 and 19 years of age who have shown creative talents to reach their full potential by 1-1 mentoring and scholarships
• Started networking between businesses and charities with the purpose of the former mentoring and sharing skills resulting in charities being run in a business like fashion and less dependent on outside funding.